Don't blast their hearing!

Thread: Don't blast their hearing!

DefaultDon't blast their hearing!

Hello all, i've been a long-time member here but now mostly lurk.
    it's time for my annual warning, to spread the word about how you may be inadvertently blasting your dogs hearing.
    if your dog rides in the back of your vehicle, he may be getting many, many times the decibels you get in the front, even if your radio is set low.
    here's why: in order to 'balance' the sound, the back speakers are factory-set around 3 times louder than the dashboard area ones. this gets worse the longer your vehicle is!
    it's easy to check, just place your radio on it's normal-to-you setting, then go to the back of your vehicle and put your head where the dogs' would normally be. i'll bet you get Blasted by sound, and your ears are MUCH less sensitive than a dogs'!
    we keep our back speakers OFF when dogs are riding in our van. one deaf dog is enough!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Don't blast their hearing!

waves hi!! Everytime my guys ride I remember this post! Thanks for reminding us!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Hi Anne. **waves** I always remember what you told us when I have the girls in the vehicle. Thanks for the reminder.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I didn't know that its louder in the back of my van. Thanks for the info.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Hmmmm! So some of you actually manage to keep you dogs in the back of your vehicles. I can see that happening in a pickup, but the radio wouldn't matter.

If HK's body isn't up front with us, her head certainly is. It is a separation anxiety thing, I think.

Actually I really think it is the potential that she might miss a treat that has her head attached to me.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Thanks for sharing that info. I had no idea. I will check our vehicles today. However, Lula is like HK. Her head is always poking up front.

Bump!

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Thanks! The minute Saba started to drive on the back seat, I adjusted my speakers for the front only, 2 years ago. I figured I wouldn't do it to a baby, I won't do it to him. 8)