8 week Choc Puppy

Thread: 8 week Choc Puppy

Default8 week Choc Puppy

I took Riley to the vet for his first round of boosters. Hours after the shots he was pretty sore. Today he is better but if you pick him up too fast or hold him too toght he whimpers.... The ER vets said this was a common side effect. I have have labs all my life...never have that.

He has no other symptoms other than soreness. Has anyone seen this, should I be more concerend?

Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: 8 week Choc Puppy

Sorry this is happening to Riley, but we had no issues with Jack when he received his shots. The first couple of hours he slept it off and was bouncing afterwards. I'm sure it'll subside in a few days though. If not, I would definitely get him back to the vet ASAP. Maybe he's more sensitive to receiving shots, than others? Sending lots of gentle hugs to both of you!!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Poor pup! I never experienced this with my 3, but then again all dogs are different.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

I wonder what gauge needle they used or if they hit a nerve during the vaccine. Even with the 6 week old puppies that I vaccinate I rarely get anyone sore. Heck they don't get sore with the microchips and those needles are huge.

Laura