bringing a puppy to work with other dogs

Thread: bringing a puppy to work with other dogs

Defaultbringing a puppy to work with other dogs

One of my employees asked if she could bring her 8 week old puppy to work. Since I also live in the same space with my 4 dogs (it's a loft with living and working space), I was concerned about her puppy not having the full series of vaccinations. I know a puppy this young should not be around poop from other dogs, but is there anything wrong with this puppy hanging with my dogs inside? My dogs are up to date on vaccines.

Thanks, Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: bringing a puppy to work with other dogs

I wouldn't be overly concerned - no more than I would be if I brought a new puppy into my house - do your dogs spend a lot of time with dogs outside the home (off leash parks/training halls etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    do your dogs spend a lot of time with dogs outside the home (off leash parks/training halls etc)?
    Haven't been to a dog park in months. There are open fields in my area and tend to take my dogs there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

the puppy is the one at risk so if you think your dogs are healthy I wouldn't worry about it much at all - just explain to your coworker that eposure to known dogs is often good for puppies but all the normal rules about protecting them still apply
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller