Orijen peeps -poop issues

Thread: Orijen peeps -poop issues

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultOrijen peeps -poop issues

Anyone else having some issues with really stinky poops? Holy cow, both Abby and Yeller's poop stinks soooo much on this now. I mean, it didn't smell like roses before, but this is brutal! It is nice firm small poop though, no complaints there.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Orijen peeps -poop issues

No, actually Jonah's poops are so much better than they were a month ago on Wellness. I was sure he had Giardia or Coccidia or something from the way his poops were smelling on Wellness (all tested negative several times). As soon as we switched over completely to Orijen we got nice hard poops (they were too soft to pick up before). Although they don't smell great (come on, what poop does?), I sure can't complain. Before I could barely open the trash can lid without gagging on the Wellness poop smell. Now, it's not too bad (or maybe I've just gotten used to it... : )

That's strange that BOTH your dogs are now having such stinky poops. What were they eating before? Have you changed or tried any new treats? I realized I had switched to a grain free food, but was still feeding treats loaded with grains, so I just got some that are completely grain free (they cost a lot more, but I figured what was the point of giving him the other treats if I was trying to eliminate the grains!).

Nauga has been on Orijen for about 6 months now and is doing awesome on it....firm poops FINALLY...and much less stink. I think he may have been allergic to the wheat in all the other foods we tried.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

we're at the end of the switching (mostly orijen, abit of performatrin) and yes, stinky poop and slightly soft bits. But nothing terrible and i'm going to wait and see if there are improvements (I also think I am feeding abit too much so have been cutting back a slight bit)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Rowan is on the Orijen Fish formula and I don't notice any smell out of the ordinary with her bowel movements. I am mixing cooked green beans with her food at night too.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I couldn't get past the looseness with Baloo to even notice a stink.

The cat's poops stink a little more, I did notice that. Peanut I think is pretty much the same.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Nothing out of the ordinary around here. Still smells like $hit.