Rabies vaccine reaction

Thread: Rabies vaccine reaction

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

DefaultRabies vaccine reaction

Well it happend to my 15 month old male. He got his 3 yrs rabies vaccine last Monday with a 3DX heartworm test and a titer for distemper and parvo vaccine. He has a lump were the rabies vaccine was given it showed up a couple of days later and we will keep an eye on it for 4 weeks to see if it goes away if not he goes in for surgery to remove it. No more rabies vaccines for him. His brother/litter mate got the same stuff at the same time and he is doing fine no lump.

Does anyone know of a homeopathic remedy to help?
    Alicia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dogmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Rabies vaccine reaction

I don't know where you are at but in Arizona you don't have a choice, by law, your dog must have a rabies vaccine every 3 years after the inital rabies given between 4-6 months. Withour a current rabies vaccine, if your dog is bitten by a wild animal or bites someone, animal control could make you euthanize your dog. Depending on the circumstances, they could also allow you to board your dog at a Veterinary clinic for a 6 month quarantine during which time you may not have any physical contact with the dog. The cost is generally about $30. per day for rabies quarantine boarding.

I would contact your local animal enforcement agency and find out what the laws are in your area. It would be horrible to not have a current vaccine and then through unfortunate happenstance have to euthanize your dog.

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

There is one (homeopathic remedy) listed in Wendy Volhard's book, The Holistic Guide to a Healthy Dog. However, I don't remember what it is. I am sure that if you have a good natural health food store some one in there would know what it is.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I had a 10month Rottie dies from an allergic reaction from a rabies shot, it was awful,but now I give them benadryll as soon as I get home, just in case.

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

Were I'm at if a dog or cat is bitten by a wild animal and that wild animal is not tested than you have a 6 month quarantine in home with a booster on the vaccine. Lets say in 3 yrs he bites someone I will get fined and must get a booster on the vaccine. In 3 yrs I will do a titer for the rabies vaccine that will prove he has immunity to the vaccine.

I had a 10month Rottie dies from an allergic reaction from a rabies shot
    sorry about your rottie.
    Alicia