Dinovite

Thread: Dinovite

DefaultDinovite

Would appreciate feedback on a dietary supplement called 'Dinovite' from someone who has used it. I'm looking to curb my 3 yr. old lab's excessive licking and scratching. She has a great disposition and is already on quality wheat/chicken free food. She can't take steroids. The www.dinovite.com website and radio ads seem great, but I'd like to hear something from another lab lover...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Dinovite

I am always wary of anything advertised on talk show radio.

Dani is offline Senior Member

i heard about it on satellite radio..I am skeptical.

What are you feeding your dog?
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDeesmom
    Would appreciate feedback on a dietary supplement called 'Dinovite' from someone who has used it. I'm looking to curb my 3 yr. old lab's excessive licking and scratching. She has a great disposition and is already on quality wheat/chicken free food. She can't take steroids. The www.dinovite.com website and radio ads seem great, but I'd like to hear something from another lab lover...
    We got it... our dog has a lot of oddities and that, along with home-made food, a couple of other things, got her scratching down to where I only needed to give her 3 benadryls every other night...

It's got a lot of healthy things in it, and I suspect but do not know enough to say for sure by any means, that the sheer number of good things in it manages to hit one of the several things that might be causing a dog to have problems, kind of like an antiboitic cocktail for someone they don't know what is wrong with.

You might try adding flax oil and yogurt to your dog's food first, and then a few other things they have in there (which I just happen to have on a list!): ground flax, kelp meal, yeast culture (This would provide lots of vitamin Bs and would be covered, I think, by nutritional or brewer's yeast), ground grain sorghum (???), DE (very good for worms and insects) (that's diotomaceous earth, btw), zinc methione, montmorillonite clay, yucca, schidigcra (sp?), alfalfa meal, spirulina, Vitamin C, various probiotics (I just wrote yogurt here, then the others, not sure what I meant), lactobacilus casei, bifida bacterium, bifida fidium, streptococcus faecium, aspergillus oryzae, zinc sulfite Vitamin E, folic acid, Vitamins B6 and B 12.

Hope that helps. Of course, just buying it might be easier than sorting it all out! You have to give a tablespoonful per 10 pounds, so that's a lot of TBs for a lab. We would buy it again, but right now our budget is demanding restraint and I am not sure it got the problem for which we bought it (they have a money-back guarantee, but we didn't do that ).