coughing

Thread: coughing

Defaultcoughing

Bo has been coughing a bit lately. I've read descriptions of kennel cough and of course that has me concerned, although overall he does not seem sick otherwise.
    The back story: We're having construction on our bathroom and there is a LOT of dust all over the place (even though I'm trying to keep it limited). Coincidentally he is taking Clavamox for a skin infection, and has been for about a week. He WAS in the kennel about 2 weeks ago. He's been vaccinated for Bordetella and the kennel doesn't allow un-vaccinated dogs.

O.K. so that's the story. But wait, there's more. We're supposed to be picking up our new puppy on Tuesday, but if Bo has kennel cough, don't want to expose the pup.

Do dogs get irritated from dust, or is this just wishful thinking on my part? Any opinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: coughing

He should be seen by a vet. Yes dogs can get irritated from dust just like us. There are other reasons why dogs cough which is why he should be seen. If it is kennel cough, then you might want to see if you can hold off on the new puppy for about 14 days.

Laura