Question - My lab does some funny things after eating
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question - My lab does some funny things after eating

DefaultQuestion - My lab does some funny things after eating

I feed my lab who will be 2 at the end of October California Natural - Chicken. And after she finishes eating, she runs and drags her mouth along our couches or on the floor. Or she uses her paws to rub her mouth. The place where I buy it, the owner tells me that is one of the best to feed her, so I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I recently took her to the vet to get her shots updated and the vet took a look at her and said she was in great condition and very healthy, that everything look good...

Thanks for any ideas or if any one thinks I should switch her foods, please let me know what foods would you suggest!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Question - My lab does some funny things after eating

Remy does this. I have no idea what it means but she's doing great on her food so I don't worry about it. If your girl is doing well on the food, then keep feeding it.

Laura

Thanks! I just wasnt sure if she was allergic to the food and I was just torturing her! Thanks!! You babies are beautiful! My husband and I are waiting to get a bigger home before we add another lab to our family. I can't wait, I know Lady is going to be so happy! Thanks again for your advice!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I think some dogs are just very conscious of their apearance and do not want want food left sticking to their face. Can't you give the poor dog a napkin?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

You're probably right!!

My Lady has a deformed tongue.... when she was a puppy, (from what I am told) she bit down on an electrical fence the neighbors used to keep horses in and it cut her tongue, so now, she literally has a scar that is in the shape of a perfect square... So needless to say, she has a huge towel by her food bowl, because anytime she is drinking or walks away from the bowl, most of the water ends up on the floor... My poor girl... but after having her and how wonderful, playful and loving she is with my 3 year old... There's no doubt she was God sent!!

My sister in law brought her to us from Louisiana to avoid her being sent to the pound.

Hey, Bo leaves most of the water on the floor after he drinks, and he doesn't have an excuse. Just Drooly!

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

Saska does the same thing I just thought she was trying to clean her mouth, she also does it when she has a marrow bone only trouble is sometimes she trys to do it on my jeans bless her

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Buddy normally uses my lap or my legs to wipe his mouth. The pumpkin on white pants in the summer time is especially decorative! :P
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

My chocolate recently started "announcing" that he was about to eat his dinner by howling for about a minute before he digs in. He does it with his marrow bones too. Jasmine (the yellow lab) sticks her whole face in the bowl to drink water then will come over by me and drool over everything. She also likes to lick our new couch (because of the feather stuffing??). Anyway, I think they all have their little quirks - just like us..... ;D

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Hudler will throw himself against a wall after his meal and rub his body against it, back and forth a few times. Maddy will run to the couch, rub her face against the seat, then put her head down (almost looks like she is getting ready for a sommersault) and rubs her neck and head on the floor with her butt in the air, kind of pushing it into the couch. Grace doesn't have this kind of habit. I think it appeared later with the older dogs. We always took it to mean "Thanks GREAT meal!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast