Very rough front paw pads

Thread: Very rough front paw pads

Jade63 is offline Senior Member

DefaultVery rough front paw pads

My 3 yr old yellow female has extremely rough cracked front paw pads, she does a lotof running inthe back yard that has a cement pad that my Son used to use for a basket ball court. Her back ones are OK, but the front ones actually scratch you bad,,Ithough it was her nails, but I Dremel them at least one a week. It is her pads that will draw blood on you ,have put Udder Cream and Bag Balm on them for a few nights and they feel OK, but the next day are just very dry and scratchy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Very rough front paw pads

Same thing with Mambo and he isnt on much cement. I wondered what I could for for him, or me. He does scratch me a lot.

Abbie's are like that also, just the front, I put lotion on them sometimes,
    but she just licks it off. :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LKG

I've been using Bag Balm and it seems to work well (that is if Daisy doesn't lick it all off)... I've heard (but never tried) that you could put a small sock over their paw with the Bag Balm on it to keep them from licking it.

I've tried putting socks on Abbies feet, she takes them right off,

Tonya

Jade63 is offline Senior Member

I tried the sock thing too..by time I got the second one on ,she had the first one off ;D...I read an ad in the paper that Udder cream has a new one out called Udder Foot Cream,but I have yet to find it at our stores..with Ohio winters on the way Mercedes will not be the only one with dry feet!!!! We will share all the foot creams.

LOL that will be me and my 2 also in Illinois,I thought about sneakersa for them but that would be 4 pair. lol and I dont think they would go for that.They would be talking about how crazy mom is. :-\

Potter has the same problem. I use some Lanolin cream (it's cream used for breastfeeding mothers). You can get it in the bottle aisle of any Target or Walmart. It's safe for nursing babies and for dogs, so if (meaning when) he licks it, it doesn't hurt him. I apply it once a week or so and it works great.