Suddenly going in the house- not solid!

Thread: Suddenly going in the house- not solid!

DefaultSuddenly going in the house- not solid!

Hi all.... poor Kaylee! For the second time this week I've found runny piles of doo around the house. Really runny, and all over the place, like she's walking and it's just dripping out of her. We got her from rescue almost a year ago, she's about 15 mnths old, and this is the very first time she's ever gone in the house. She eats twice a day- breakfast 1 cup dry innova and a tablespoon fat free organic plain yogurt, dinner 1 cup innova dry, big tablespoon pumpkin, and 1 big tablespoon Merrick granny's pot pie canned. We go out with her last time every night too make sure she goes and she always does. That's usually 11 PM or so and she goes out in the AM around 7 AM or so.... Is our girl sick? I'm thinking she's getting into something outside and it's upsetting her stomach. Should I change her diet this week? No signs of anything- she's as active and playful as always.. Thanks for reading! -Danny

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Suddenly going in the house- not solid!

She may have eaten something that upset her tummy. I would try holding off on food for at least 12 hours & then giving some boiled chicken or ground meat with rice. Maybe her tummy needs a little rest. Hope she feels better soon.

I would take her to the vet and have her stool checked. Lula went through the same thing and turned out it was an intestinal bacteria. The vet gave us antibiotics to clear up the bacteria and probiotics to help recover from the antibiotics. He also put her on a month of perscription food, which I was not crazy about, but the combo worked.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Any particular kind of chicken- breast meat? Thigh? and plain white rice? Brown rice? Basamati? Sorry- Kaylee's never been sick before so I apologize for all the questions..... -D

labby is offline Senior Member

Definitely take a stool sample in and ask for a giardia check.

My dogs had horrible stools on Innova. Once I switched them back to ProPlan they tightened up again. Maybe the food is too rich for her. For one thing I would be cutting out EVERYTHING except for the dry food right now. I'm not sure why you're giving yogurt and pumpkin plus the canned but its probably too much for her system.

Laura

georgie is offline Senior Member

First, I should have said to have her stool checked by your vet. But if my girls have an upset tummy (nothing else going on) I boiled skinless deboned chicken breats or ground round, drain the fat off & then mix it with white rice. I cut the chicken into small pieces. I just give a little to see how they do.

But that is if there is nothing else going on, such as parasites or worms.

I would also not put anything in her food for awhile & see if that helps. Molly got very loose stolls when I was trying to switch her to Wellness. It was a good food but too rich for her. Please let us know how Kaylee is doing.

Thanks all for the concern and info.... Called the vet (sister in law- how handy!!) and she said boiled chicken and rice until the weekend- nothing else but water. No yogurt (which we give her for a little dairy instead of cheese treats and good active bacteria) and pumpkin,which is pretty much raw fiber and keeps her regular. She's been on the innova and yogurt pumpkin since the day we brought her home a year ago. We changed her canned to add a little variety, but whatever we add to her dry, it's only a tablespoon or so-heaping tablespoon.....