Veggies for Dogs?

Thread: Veggies for Dogs?

DefaultVeggies for Dogs?

I'm a Vegetarian and Rainbow isn't. (She's a Dog, for cryin' out loud! ;D )
    Now that I've discovered that she prefers wet food to dry, she begs me for whatever I'm eating a lot less. (Yes, she's still getting the dry food, too.)
    I know that Onions are a no-go and Chocolate, Macadamia Nuts, etc.....
    Thing is, She loves Italian food. If I'm having Pasta, She'll have a fit if I don't share!
    Pretty often, I'll do a baked dish with Eggplant, Cheese, Tomato Sauce, "Veggie" Sausage, Pasta and Olives. She hates the Olives, but enjoys everything else in it.
    I've heard conflicting opinions about feeding Cheese to Dogs, but during my childhood, I had a Dobie-Lab mix who adored it and lived to the ripe old age of 15.
    Any advice or cautions out there? ???

Peace!

-Robert

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Veggies for Dogs?

I use cheese to bury meds in, and have no problems. Hmmmm! Maybe thats why I have to give her meds!

A word of caution, only my opinion. You are going to regret sharing your food with the dog eventually. End of my opinion, do as you please with it.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Abbie and Aries love veggies, spinach, green beans, carrots, she will even pluck a tomato out
    of the garden, at 1st she thinks its a ball until she bites into it, then she proceeds to eat it.
    And Aries well he does whatever Abbie does. ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yes, Endofile, the point is well taken. These days, She gives me the "poor little starving Doggie" routine and then scours the floor for anything I might have dropped!
    I just wish I could get her to eat an uncooked tomato, Abbigailsmom! I offered her a slice, last night but she just wouldn't warm to it. She loves Salsa for some reason. Chalk it up to her being from New Mexico, I guess! I'm going to have to try the "Look! It's a ball!" technique, sometime. ;D

Peace!

-Robert

LOL her favorite treat are jelly beans, good thing easter is once a year.

Oh and she thinks she should be able to eat corn on the cob as I shuck it.