Coals Test Results

Thread: Coals Test Results

DefaultCoals Test Results

Finally got some of his test results back last night.. good new for the most part..still waiting on one more test..

The lump that was removed from his leg is a Cutaneous Hemangioma (benign lump formed by blood vessel tissues that occur in the skin). She said that there shouldn't be any further treatment on that since we removed the whole thing... He had one just like it on his toe on the same leg earlier in the year that we had removed too..this one was above his elbow.

The biopsy on his chin came back as well and he has Contact Allergic Dermatitis and because of that he also a Malassezia yeast infection. So now I have to bathe his chin with Malaseb Shampoo everyday for the next two weeks and see if it improves. If not he will have to go on anti-fungal/anti-itch meds which the vet says are very expensive.. (probably kinda like the very expensive antibiotic he's been on for the last 6.5-7 weeks... ugh)..

Has anyone used these wipes? Malacetic Wet Wipes / Dry Bath. Says its good for Malassezia yeast and a few other things.. wondering if would be easier to use instead of taking a wash cloth and carefully washing his chin.. letting it set for 15 mins and then washing it off.. and you have to make sure they don't ingest it.. kinda hard when most of the infection is close to the edge of his lips!!! ugh..

We are still waiting on the culture and sensitivity test on his chin to come back.. that wont be back for another 4-5 days and so I have to call next week.. Not sure what that will show now that we know its a yeast infection and dermatitis..

Do any of you know of any good shampoos to clean the carpet that are hypoallergenic for dogs? I am thinking he may be allergic to the carpet since that and my bed are the two things he lays on all the time... and since I don't have hardwood under there there's no way we can remove the carpet.. so thought maybe I should get the carpets cleaned this weekend and maybe lay out blankets on the spots where he likes to lay. I did read on one of the websites that you could restrict them to areas where you don't have carpet to find out for sure that's what he's allergic too.. but he would be miserable. The only rooms I don't have the carpet is the kitchen and bathroom.. so that's not a consideration unless we have to..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Coals Test Results

It may not be your carpet per se but what's in your carpet ie dust mites ect. If I had my way I'd rip all the carpet(nasty stuff) in this house out and put down tile.
    I'd get it professionally steam cleaned and let your Cleaner know that Coal's having some isues with allergies etc. He may have some suggestions.
    I think you're on the right track with the fresh blanket where he lays idea. To resritict him might make him more stressed and harder to shake what's got ahold of him. You know they don't like change or to be apart from their people.
    Good Luck!

Oh hes definetly a mommas boy and would be really upset if i had to lock him in the kitchen or bathroom.. hes one of those that he wont let you out of his sight..although when he was in pain with his back before we put him on meds he would lay in the same spot and not move and just watch where you went... now hes bouncing all over the place and sleeping in the bed... so hes feeling a lot better in that regard.. just needs to get his chin problem cleared up and will be good to go..

Hes been my buddy for the last 9 yrs and goes everywhere with me except when i go to work..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am so glad the tests results were good. I hope he feels better soon.

I think any of the cleaners would be ok as long as you let it dry all the way but I could be wrong. Having them professionally done would be best but it costs so that may not be an option. Blankets would be good though so you can wash them frequently.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Glad the test results were good.

My vet suggested we pull up the carpets with Erns itching as it could be dust mites.
    I have wooden floor and mats. I changed his bed to cotton and still he itched. I tried new food. No.
    Then raw and he is so much better.

I have been told fleas, dust mites, food and grass are the worst things for allergies and sensitivites.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/