Loose Poops......Need Advice

Thread: Loose Poops......Need Advice

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultLoose Poops......Need Advice

Just when we were just about back to normal. :-\ Breezy woke me up at 3am this morning (something she hasn't done in months) barking to go out. When I went into the kitchen, where she sleeps, to let her out, I saw that she had ripped apart a pillow and there was stuffing all over! (Thanks to the hubby forgetting to take the pillow out of there :.) Well I let her out and from what I could see as I watched her, she only peed. This morning I heard her in the kitchen making a noise that didn't sound quite right. I went in to investigate and came in just as she was vomiting up some of the pillow stuffing. From what I could see there was nothing else in the vomit, mostly just pillow stuffing. I took her outside so she could have her morning pee, which she did. As I walked around the yard I noticed a few poop piles. That's weird, because I ALWAYS know when and where she poops. Hmmm. She pooped a few times, and they were loose. There was a little mucus in there too. Let her back inside and about an hour later she has to go out again. Same thing, loose and a little mucus. She seems to be acting normal otherwise. Ate her breakfast like normal. I am wondering at what point do I need to call the vet? We were just there last week after she puked up the scrunchy that she had swallowed 6 days before. I don't want to seem like an over-worrying Mom, but I also don't want to wait if it is something that needs to be taken care of NOW. Should I wait and see how she does today? Any advice is really appreciated!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Loose Poops......Need Advice

:-\ Hoping for advice.

If you have any doubt, call the vet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Has anything changed recently (food, treats, etc.)? Has she eaten anything out of the ordinary in the last few days? (besides scrunchies and pillows... :P)

When was the last time you noticed she had a normal poop?
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Last normal poop was late yesterday. I have not changed her kibble (yet), same treats she usually gets. Although now that I think about it, the night before last I caught hubby giving her some table scraps >, could have been a meatball ? I hate when he does this because then it is harder for me to figure out why she is having loose poops!! I am wondering if the loose poops are from having swallowed the pillow stuffing? I'll keep an eye on her today and if her poops aren't normal by tomorrow, or if there are other symptoms, I'll call the vet. Here I go, back on Poop Alert! :

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Peanut (in my avatar) has a real sensitivity to beef, even the smallest amount gives her the runs... :-[ (yes, I learned that the hard way.. :) So maybe that could be it?

I would watch her and see for the next little while, maybe put her on a bland diet (boiled chicken/rice) till she "firms up"
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Thanks for the replies. Breezy has had beef before and no problems. However, if it WAS a meatball hubby gave her, perhaps there were too many other things in it she isn't used to. She seems pretty normal today. Hasn't pooped since this morning though. :-\ Ugh.