vet in the New Orleans area?

Thread: vet in the New Orleans area?

skippin is offline Member

Defaultvet in the New Orleans area?

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good vet/clinic in the N.O/Ponchatoula area? We will be moving down there in about a month, and would like to check them out and meet before we go. Our current vet doesn't know anyone down there, so is reluctant to suggest anyone in particular, so I figured I would ask all of the wonderful people here. All help is very much appreciated!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: vet in the New Orleans area?

Are you moving to Ponchatoula or New Orleans? There is about a difference of a hour, between these 2 cities, depending on what area in both. If in New Orleans, (which I am from..moved a hour away few years back) then my sister lives there and I can ask her for you what vet she uses. If in ponchatoula, you may want to look up in a directory to find one, cannot help with that. Let me know

Jen

We will be in between Lake Ponchatrain and Lake Maurepas, kind of close to Akers, so I guess Ponchatoula would be closer, although my sig. others daughter lives in NO, so we will be there often too. After looking around, I found quite a few, but wanted to narrow it down some, and get some opinions on who was the best. Thanks for the help!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paula is offline Senior Member

This one is in Ponchatoula. Melanie Lavergne used to be at the one I used. I really like her. You would have to check and see if she is still there.

Pet Care Center
    William Wheat, Jr., DVM
    Darryl Bubrig, DVM
    Melanie Lavergne, DVM
    Jason Farrell, DVM
    Anne Guedry, DVM
    799 Campbell
    Ponchatoula, LA 70454
    (985-370-7387 (PETS)

This is the one I use. It's located in LaPlace.

Riverlands Animal Hospital
    1112 W. Airline Hwy.
    LaPlace, LA 70068

Phone: (985) 652-6369
    Fax: (985) 653-7522

A link to their site....
    http://www.riverlandsanimalhospital.com/

Awesome! Pet Care Center is one of the ones I was checking out, so now I will send the sig. other in to meet them when he goes down next week to do the real estate stuff. Thanks for the info!!!!

I used the Magazine Street Animal Clinic in Uptown New Orleans and really liked them.

Looks like Paula gave you some good info If you need the vet in New Orleans still let me know..

Jen

We would like to meet as many as we can to get a good feel for the talent, and then decide which one we get along best with. All places are welcome, we like to keep the options open. Some vets are not fond of our dogs, because our male is extra whiny and jumpy when we go to the vet, although the female loves any attention from anyone who will give it, so she is fine, and loves to lay on her back on the floor and wiggle. He is always trying to get up in my lap for protection, since he knows I won't let anything bad happen lol. One vet up here that we went to was always wanting to sedate the poor boy, and he is just nervous, so we switched and it has been fine. We are just hoping we can find someone with the same kind of attitude as our current vet. Thanks to everyone for the help!