started on new food... seeking opinions

Thread: started on new food... seeking opinions

Defaultstarted on new food... seeking opinions

Just started feeding Solid Gold Wolf King Lg. Breed Adult to my 16 mo. old.
    Does anyone feed this ?
    Have an opinion? Good or bad?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: started on new food... seeking opinions

I'm also thinking of rotating this with Innova and would like some opinions as well. Let me know how it goes.

I had been feeding Castor Pollux Natural Ultramix and noticed that there were undigested carrots in her poo so thought that she obviously wasn't getting all the nutrition from this food. Liked the idea of the bison (lean meat) and salmon meal that the Wolf King offers. We switched out about 2 wks. ago and she seems to be doing well. No upset, smooth transition. Her Fall haircoat is coming in beautifully, good color and shine.
    Have heard a lot of people on these boards talk about feeding Innova. Is it only gotten from a specialty store and how does it work for you?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by softail
    .....Have heard a lot of people on these boards talk about feeding Innova. Is it only gotten from a specialty store and how does it work for you?
    In the Minneapolis area, I have looked for Innova anywhere I see dog food, and I look for it. Petco and Petsmart, NO. Grocery Stores, NO.
    I have found it in almost every small pet shop and the one feed store that I have been in to.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Innova works great for us. No problems with coat or poop, and Riley really seems to like it. I just also like the idea of rotating every so often. I find Innova at a few of the specialty shops here as well. You won't find it in Petsmart, Petco, or the grocery stores. It's on the expensive side, but Riley is over 80 pounds and needs just about 3 cups of the Regular Adult food a day, so I don't think that's too bad. I'm sure I would have to feed him a lot more of many other types of food.