What could this be/what should I look for?

Thread: What could this be/what should I look for?

DefaultWhat could this be/what should I look for?

Riley is right around 10 months and has been a very active (redundant I know) lab/border collie mix. She has my 5 kids always doing something with her, plus, i usually try an walk her once a day myself. I have noticed in the last week that she is real slow to get up. Once she is up, she runs around like normal and it is like nothing is bothering her, but it almost her me to watch her get up, she rocks her hips and struggles to do it.

She has been walked a little more the past couple of weeks since the weather has cooled down, maybe too much (as much as 3 30 minute walks a day). Never had a dog before, so I am just wondering what I should be looking for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: What could this be/what should I look for?

hmmm...i'm not sure what to say. Maybe she is just being lazy, or not having a good day? Hopefully, someone else with more ideas will be able to help.

However, we walk Fritzy about 2 hours total a day...and she is never tired!!! She gets about half hour on lunch, another 45 mins after work and another 20 mins or so at 8-9pm. So, i don't think it's b/c she is walked to much.

Keep us posted.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I would take her to the vet if she's not better in a day or so. the vet can manipulate the joints so as to tell if there is abnormal friction, etc.

Definitely take her ASAP if it looks to be getting worse at all.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I would probably have the vet take a look as well just to ease your mind if nothing else.