She Ate My Hair Scrunchy!!!

Thread: She Ate My Hair Scrunchy!!!

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

DefaultShe Ate My Hair Scrunchy!!!

Uh oh here we go again. This time it was my hair scrunchy. I got up in the middle of the night, went down to the kitchen to get something to drink. Breezy sleeps in the kitchen in her crate, with the door to it open. The kitchen is gated off so she can't roam around the house. Well before I went to the fridge I bent down to give some cuddles to her (she was lying on the floor), and she got my hair scrunchy in her mouth. She took it right out of my hair! I told her "Leave it" but she wouldn't surrender it. I was half asleep and she decided she wanted me to chase her. I was NOT up for that at whatever crazy hour it was. I went over to her, put my hand in her mouth to get the scrunchy out, and it was gone! She swallowed the darn thing. Grrrrrr. She seems 'okay' this morning. Normal poop, ate breakfast like usual. I think she may be feeling a little funky though. I am both dreading and anxious about the next poop. I hope the scrunchy comes out! But it may be one of those very 'difficult' poops, if you know what I mean.
    Do I need to call the vet, or just keep an eye on her???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: She Ate My Hair Scrunchy!!!

I would watch her and be on poop patrol. Silly dogs.

Well I was a bit nervous that the scrunchy could get tangled up on her insides so I called the vet and they said to bring her in. We just got back. Vet said to watch her for the next few days and that by Sunday the scrunchy should pass thru. I am on big time Poop Patrol!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

LOL sorry for your scare......that used to be one of my labs favorite games. We had to be on guard when ever we laid on the floor and she walked by. She was really fast and then the game began ;D ;D ;D
    She never did swallow any though.

Sunday morning and still no sign of the scrunchy. ??? I have been on Code Orange Poop Alert since early Friday morning. The Vet said I should see something by today. So I guess I'll see how today goes and if no sign of it, I'll call her. She has been pooping like normal but no scrunchy yet. I'm guessing it will come out whole? Do those things get broken down? Ugh. I really hope today is the Day Of The Scrunchy. :

georgie is offline Senior Member

I have been on several "poop watches" myself. I hope it comes out soon.