Max started something weird with his back paw this morning ...

Thread: Max started something weird with his back paw this morning ...

DefaultMax started something weird with his back paw this morning ...

Hi folks,

This morning when I went to let Max out the back garden, he seemed fine. He came back in, (I was out with him the whole time and didn't see him step on anything untoward), I filled his water dish and he took his drink as normal ... except he lifted his back right paw and hovered it in the air while drinking. Now when he walks or runs, he puts weight on it, but when he comes to a stop, he'll hover it a little off the ground, lower it down, lift it back up ... weird. He's now lying on the bed beside me as I type this and he's licking it like mad, has been for about 20 minutes, and I can't get him to stop. I've checked the paw and and his pads, and there's no stones or thorns in the pads, and everything looks normal.

Any ideas?

Oh, and to those who remember Max from my previous thread, it turned out he had Dermatitis picked up from a stick he fished out the water at Loch Lomand. It's long since cleared up with antibiotics and his mouth is fine, all black skin replaced. So that's fine now!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Max started something weird with his back paw this morning ...

Think I'd set an appt. up w/vet as it may not be his paw. Could be a tendon or his knee or something further up his leg and he's licking what he 'thinks' hurts. It could be an older injury manifesting itself. You didn't say how old he is. Also, has he done any strenuous running, playing, jumping in the last week?