Doesn't eat food, more than once

Thread: Doesn't eat food, more than once

DefaultDoesn't eat food, more than once

So Monday Tucker decided he wouldn't eat dinner, he'd much rather play. So after 20 minutes I pick up his food. He ate nothing. Tuesday morning, same deal doesn't eat anything. Tuesday night he is going crazy for food, I give him a small amount because he has obedence class and was getting lots of treats.

He still refuses to eat his food right away, the only way he will eat is if I take away food for a day. Is this normal??? I figured if I picked up his food he would learn that he needs to eat it right away. It doesn't seem to be working.

His poops are pretty regular, they stink they are dark and soft but solid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Doesn't eat food, more than once

Is he losing teeth yet? He could have a sore mouth. You might want to try wetting the food a little to see if that helps. Otherwise, I would just continue to take up the food after a few minutes and offer it again at the next meal. I've often had puppies who were a little erratic with their eating, and it's important not to give in and try to beg them to eat.

DefaultRe: Doesn't eat food, more than once

Quote Originally Posted by Labsrme
    Is he losing teeth yet? He could have a sore mouth. You might want to try wetting the food a little to see if that helps. Otherwise, I would just continue to take up the food after a few minutes and offer it again at the next meal. I've often had puppies who were a little erratic with their eating, and it's important not to give in and try to beg them to eat.
    He isn't losing teeth that I can see. I have even tried to close the crate door so he can't leave his food. He just goes to sleep. He'd much rather chew his bully stick.