Neuter question... is this normal

Thread: Neuter question... is this normal

DefaultNeuter question... is this normal

Hi all
    Gus just got neutered today, poor guy has been crying since i brought him home, is this normal? Its been about 4 hrs since he got home. i gave him the pain meds the doc gave me around 2 hrs. ago. he's been up walking around a wee bit but mostly just laying on his bed and i fed him a tiny bit and he drank some water, he pooped but no pee. does that sound alright? He is 9.5 months old and i am worried about the crying, have others had this experience?
    -Worried mom

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Neuter question... is this normal

If he was fully anethstitized (sp?). our vet told us that Hershey may cry most of the night as her anethstisia (sp?) wore off. I wouldn't worry about the crying through the night, follow the pain meds as instructed, call you vet in the morning.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

brody is offline Senior Member

aww poor you and poor him - some dogs react differently to both pain and meds

Sally was spayed Tuesday and she's fine - too fine already in fact but I was with her as she recovered - she was woozy but tough about the pain

the dog who was nuetered however cried, whimpered and expressed his pain in many ways - and this is with a vet who uses pain management before, during and after surgery (which can be unusual)

I'd say your poor boy needs to be distracted not coddled and hopefully he'll toughen up a bit

hang in there
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

I think that is common for many dogs coming out of anesthesia. I've been into my vet's recovery room and heard some awful howling. He should be better tomorrow. Keep us posted. -Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014