Damn it! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Damn it!

DefaultRe: Damn it!

If we left everything to mother nature, you wouldn't have any of the breeds you see today. You're welcome to feed whatever you want and when you can PROVE that raw feeding does anything more for our dogs than kibble, I'll be happy to listen, until then you're the delusional one in my opinion. Stating that one method of feeding is "clearly the best" is simply your opinion and you can chant that all you want in the appropriate forum section.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

I don't appreciate even the whisper of being called delusional

I very much doubt that mother nature would allow man of my dogs to live for very long out in the cruel real world of nature...so I find your logical a little unrealistic for my situation

I didn't debate your stand .. I simply pointed out my own personal belief developed over many years of feeding many different dogs - dogs, just like us, are individuals and while a balanced diet is important there are many ways to get results that people can live with

raw is great if it works for you and your dog ... there are dogs that don't thrive on raw and there are people who shouldn't be handling raw meat

home cooked is great if it works for your dog and for you - I personally have had the best luck with this diet for tough dogs

there are many great kinds of kibble out there and some not so great kibble out there but again if it works for you - your life, your budget and your dog I'm not prepared to be critical of anybody who is doing the best they can for their pooch

you are obviously very passionate in your beliefs and I respect that - but I am not delusional for thinking there are reasonable, practical and perhaps even better diets then raw for some people and some dogs

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Dogs were not made to eat grain. Another selling point for non-grain foods... they will poop much less.
    While dogs are classed as "carnivores" rather than "omnivores," very clearly their eating tastes range much further than just meat. My Puff will beg for any fruit or nuts and considers goose poop a delicacy. As a matter of fact, they do eat grains in nature such as the stomach and intestinal contents of their kill.

The raw diet is clearly the best according to MOTHER NATURE and proven to be the best by evolution during the last 100,000 years. But if you want to believe that an artificial diet created by multi-national company that "evolved" over the last 40 years is just as good your dog then be my guest! Just don't expect everyone to buy into the delusion.
    I'm not inclined to listen to the exhortations of the evangelical RAW religionists until I see some supporting nutritional and longevity studies done by accepted scientific institutions.

After all, until about 10,000 years ago, in eating the diet that MOTHER NATURE provided Homo sapiens, people lived to an average adult terminal age of somewhere in their 30s.

And, come to think of it, if eating MOTHER NATURE'S diet is so much more beneficial for us to feed our best friends, why stop there? Why not copy similar diets for ourselves -- a Stone Age diet for all humans who feed Stone Age diets to their dogs? I think it ought to be required. ;D
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    But let's not open that can of worms.
    Bingo. I second that.

jlab, there's a time and a place for raw vs. kibble debates, and this is not it. :
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

jlab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAndLabs
    If we left everything to mother nature, you wouldn't have any of the breeds you see today. You're welcome to feed whatever you want and when you can PROVE that raw feeding does anything more for our dogs than kibble, I'll be happy to listen, until then you're the delusional one in my opinion. Stating that one method of feeding is "clearly the best" is simply your opinion and you can chant that all you want in the appropriate forum section.
    delusion - an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrary

Nature doesn't have to prove it - nature is right by default. The burden of proof is on those that choose to do something un-natural.

This is not my opinion, it is the diet developed and tested by NATURE not some artificial diet created by a multi-national corporation.

BTW, until they rename this the "UN-NATURAL Health and Nutrition", I'll continue to post here.

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

BTW, until they rename this the "UN-NATURAL Health and Nutrition", I'll continue to post here.
    jlabs beliefs are fitting for the Holsistic feeding & health section, not for this.

So I suggest and urge that no one respond further to any of jlabs posts -- no matter how far out they are; s/he's functioning very much in the style of a troll, inviting anger, reactions, etc.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

jlab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    But let's not open that can of worms.
    Bingo. I second that.

jlab, there's a time and a place for raw vs. kibble debates, and this is not it. :

Baloo317, perhaps you forgot your own words of wisdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo317
    If I choose to post in a thread, that is my choice. I have not been rude or nasty, and I would appreciate the same.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Give it a rest jlab.

jlab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Pr.
    jlabs So I suggest and urge that no one respond further to any of jlabs posts -- no matter how far out they are; s/he's functioning very much in the style of a troll, inviting anger, reactions, etc.
    Thank you Bob. I was only posting my point of view as requested by the originator of the thread (i.e., "Only ONE choice per person please!"). It was yourself and a few others who choose to react negatively and post angry replies to it instead of just accepting it as another point of view and leaving it alone to begin with.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

It was yourself and a few others who choose to react negatively and post angry replies to it instead of just accepting it as another point of view and leaving it alone to begin with.
    Did you ever consider that people react negatively because of the way you put your opinions across?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast