I've never noticed an odor.
Sounds like a trip to the vet is in order
How old is your dog?
Are you aware of the blue/green algea toxicity? As you mention swamp water.
If the vomitting and diarrhea continue I would get your dog to the vet to be on the safe side.
Dogs are dying from toxicity to blue green algea blooms. Here is a link for info and pics of this pea green pond scum. It is harmful to humans too. Not sure if it is in your area or not.Quote:
Originally Posted by toahiaph
What I have picked up here where three dogs have died, is to hose them down as soon as possible when they come out of the water. Try to keep them from licking themselves in the meantime. All as a preventative without guarantees.