Who is in the Orijen Club??
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is in the Orijen Club??

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

DefaultWho is in the Orijen Club??

I have since stopped using Nutro and began to feed Orijen.

I am feeding the fish formula.

So who else is in the Orijen club and what version are you feeding??
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Who is in the Orijen Club??

I'm feeding Henry the original formula (chicken&turkey), but only because we haven't got the fish here yet!! I'm feeding Henry half raw, half Orijen! Once we can get the fish, I'll alternate bags of fish and chicken&turkey.

How is Rowan doing on the fish formula?

I LOVE that they have a large-breed puppy formula, AND that they're Canadian!! ;D
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Is there any worry about the high protein in that food?

I looked at one of their lines but found it had too many different proteins (not sure which forumla it was but it had at least 3 different types of meats) and I have not done enough research to know if that is what is best for dogs. For Rocky.

HOWEVER, I just looked at their website and there are OTHER formulas that limit the proteins which I wouldn't mind trying. Just need to see about the high protein.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

My breeder recommended switching her to the Orijen. I am assuming it is fine for them otherwise she wouldn't be feeding her dogs this or recommending it to me... kwim??

I am just in the midst of the switch over now combining Orijen/Nutro. She seems to be okay with it. I bought the trial pack and was giving a few kibbles here and there as a reward prior to the switching.

I bought two bags of the fish but think in a few weeks I am going to buy some Original Adult formula and do half and half. kwim??

I too love that they are Canadian and have a frequent buyer program to boot!!
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I have to say I'm an Orijen supporter... but not in the club.... as of yet...

It's part of Baloo's health contract that he stay on the food he's on for two years. That and he really is doing fantastically well on it.... BUT one day I would like to try Orijen for both dogs.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

ks02 is offline Senior Member

Wish I could get it here. What are some of you paying who are able to get it in the U.S.?

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

Is there any worry about the high protein in that food?
    Are we talking about high protein in general, or for puppies. Either way, I guess the answer is the same - protein doesn't have a detrimental effect on them. Now there are some conditions, namely kidney problems, where lower protein amounts are necessary, but a healthy puppy and adult can handle it just fine.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

The cat has been eating Orijen for a little while now - I am seriously considering moving the girls over shortly as well. Glad to hear others are liking it.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I ment protein in general (Rocky is 3). their website also has that question (noticed that only after posting but I don't really believe info provided by those trying to sell you something).

Honestly - I like the formula. My worry is changing to a food that will be hard, at times, to find. I know of two stores that sell it currently and one is really out of the way and both over-charge for their products ("posh pet stores"). I will definately look around if I can find it at different places and what price it goes for.

That it is Canadian and manufactured in Canada is a big selling point as well (after the ingredients that is!)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

imported_Nick is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I agree - I'm hesitant to buy into anything on a product's website. However, there is independent research that shows high protein amounts don't damage the kidneys of healthy dogs, so I wouldn't let the high amounts of protein concern you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast