Cracked paws

Thread: Cracked paws

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

DefaultCracked paws

I know this has been probably covered already, but I couldn't find anything recent...
    Saba's paws are pretty cracked... they don't seem to hurt him but they hurt ME when he decideds to play... never mind the nails, it's the cracked paws that scrach me till I bleed... ouch. Any suggestions what I could put on them to heal them a bit? Preferrably something he won't lick off... Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Cracked paws

You might want to try something like Bag Balm... I have a tin of it for Henry, and usually just use it in the winter, but I don't see why you couldn't use it year round.

Hi I have used a cream called UNGUENTUM M on Vitos cracked paws, and it works a treat. It is for us humans, used for eczema, but it works in half a day!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

i'm glad you asked this question because i've been concerned about my pup Storm's cracked paws too. i wasn't sure how much of a concern it should be though.
    where do you get the above mentioned balms at?

[attachment deleted by admin]

I wonder if I can get them at pet stores... I'm going to some tomorrow so I'll ask. Hopefully they will help...thanks!

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

There is also something called Lansinoh, which is made for breastfeeding mothers. I had some left over that I didn't know what to do with so I tried it on my dog's elbow calluses. I would guess that it would work good on feet also. It is pretty hard to remove and the tube says that it does not need to be removed prior to feeding (a baby), so I doubt that it would hurt a dog. This can be picked up pretty much any drug store (Wal Mart, Meijer, ect.).
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

Neska, you're here in Ontario, right? Cambridge/KW/Guelph area?

I got the BagBalm at LeeValley... you know, the gardening/hardware store... there's one in Burlington I believe, off Guelph Line.

Here's the linky: http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...55&cat=2,42551

Yes I'm in Guelph. Thanks a bunch!! :-X