Skin Tag

Thread: Skin Tag

SarahS is offline Junior Member

DefaultSkin Tag

Sophie has a skin tag on the top of her head which I noticed this month. I had a skin tag on my arm as a child. It was removed by my pediatrician, quickly and painlessly. Have you ever had a skin tag removed from your dog? Is this a common procedure? Could it be painful for her?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Skin Tag

I just use dental floss and tie it off as close to the skin as possible. It will then fall off by itself in a few days. Doing this has never seemed to bother my girl and it is less $ than a trip to the vets. ;D
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

SarahS is offline Junior Member

Thank you so much for your advice! I tried it last night and it came right off when I tightened the string. At first, I was worried that I'd pulled too tight and hurt her, but she didn't seem bothered at all. I applied antibacterial solution and an ointment, so I think she'll heal up just fine. Phew!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

Glad it worked for you!!
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Frankie had what I thought was a skin tag, under his armpit. it looked and felt just like one. Within a couple of weeks it got bigger and changed size. It turned out to be a mast cell tumor which we had to have surgically removed.

Just keep an eye on that spot where you removed it, OK? If it comes back, please take him to the vet.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"