flea bites/rash in armpits

Thread: flea bites/rash in armpits

tricialeigh4jc is offline Senior Member

Defaultflea bites/rash in armpits

So I just noticed a small rash under each of Champ's armpits. My first thought was that it was probably flea bites (as there were just a few (5-6) small, scabby bumps under each arm). Champ is on Frontline Plus, but we still find a flea on him every once in a while.

Anyway, he has an appointment with the vet tomorrow, but I guess I wanted to check and see what others thought. Also, is there a topical treatment we can apply to stop the itching/heal the rash? Oh - and I know its hard to diagnose something as vague as a rash without seeing it, but if anyone has other thoughts as to what this might be, let me know.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: flea bites/rash in armpits

Hi,

My only experience of this was a few years ago when my black lab was a pup. We'd only had him a few days when i noticed a rash under his arm pits and around his groin.

As he was so young i took him to the vet who said that it was from straw mites- apparently as he was a working lab and we had had him from a farm he had been sleeping in the hay and straw in the barn and had picked them up from there.

Kate

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#