Switching from Eagle Pack to Grain Free

Thread: Switching from Eagle Pack to Grain Free

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultSwitching from Eagle Pack to Grain Free

Argh. I am pulling my hair out here. Jake's always had a bit of a loose stool on the Eagle (not anything to be concerned about really, just looser than I'd like to pick up) so once he turned two I thought we would try a grain-free food to see if that helped (he's also had gunky ears for a while, I can't tell if it's food or seasonal allergies). Almost every pet store in town carries EVO, so we bought a bag of the large bites.

All I can find listed are kcal/kg, not kcal/cup which is making it hard to determine how much he should be getting. The large bites look like so much less in his bowl, but I'm assuming that the EVO is much richer than the Eagle (higher fat and protein contents). I've tried emailing Natura numerous times, but their website won't give anything but a form email and that won't work (it just times out after spinning for a while). Does anyone know this offhand?

I also don't like the idea of "natural flavoring" that Natura won't tell exactly what it is, Eagle had no added colors or flavoring and I preferred that.

So, anyone know of other quality grain-free foods with no added colors or flavoring, with primarily poultry-based ingredients (he doesn't do well on lamb)? TIA and Jake says thanks too

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Switching from Eagle Pack to Grain Free

<br />Oregon

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

I feed Natures Variety Instinct www.naturesvariety.com

Orijen is another www.championfoods.com

But I was recently in touch with a veterinarian thru a canine nutritionist and he feels the Evo is a better food as it is made in the USA and he feels the source and quality of the ingred. is the best in a grain free food.

to convert 1 kg = 2.2 lbs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Thank you both! I know the feed store carries Instinct and Wellness, but I'm not sure I've ever seen the Core by Wellness. I'm sure they'd order it though. Good to know we have options

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

I've recently switched my dogs from Eagle Pack to RM EVO large bites. They were getting 1 cup twice daily of the Eagle, and they are now getting 3/4 cup twice daily of the EVO. It doesn't look like much in the bowl but they seem to be doing fine with it.

blaisberg is offline Member

Calories 487 KCals/Cup

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

You will feed less on the grain free foods as they are higher in cal/cup.

One of my dogs was on 3 1/2 cups per day but is now on 2/day on the Instinct and maintaining her 75 lbs. for over 2 months now.