My Lab is sick,, isn't herself..

Thread: My Lab is sick,, isn't herself..

corona2006 is offline Member

DefaultMy Lab is sick,, isn't herself..

We had our Lab Corona, (15 months, never been boarded before) boarded on the 6th of July till the 13th. she has had her shots for kennel cough. When we picked her up that Thursday she seemed fine, happy to see us. she slept with us all night that night but woke up about 3 times having sneezing fits. that Friday she played, sneezed a couple times. But during the day when she was inside she just laid there. Also the day we picked her up she seemed to have diarrhea. I took her to the vet yesterday. Heart sounded good, lungs were good. the vet tried to get her to cough, she wouldn't so that was a good sign she said. she has lost about 6 pounds that week. They gave me meds for her sneezing. 2 pills 2-3 times a day. today all she wants to do is lay around. she has went for a walk, played for a few minutes in the yard, but just isn't her energetic self. i miss my girl that i have to watch her every move, get her off the counter. She is bad about bouncing on my boyfriend when he sits in the floor. She won't even do that!! Should I get a second opinion or is it that she just needs to get used to being home again. It's really scaring me seeing her like this. please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My Lab is sick,, isn't herself..

Sorry to read about Corona, if you are really worried I would get a second opinion, you need to give the tablets time to work though, we are worry worts arn't we. Sorry cannot be more help. I am sure you will get a lot of useful advice to this thread.

Is she eating/drinking normally? Peeing/pooping normally (or does she still have diarrhea)? Vomiting?

I will preface my thoughts by saying that I'm uber-paranoid when it comes to Henry. The lethargy you describe worries me. Whenever Henry comes home from being boarded, he is pretty much his normal self.

Diarrhea by itself is one thing... but for your dog to have lost 6 pounds while being boarded... did they tell you if she ate normally? Did she have diarrhea while she was boarded?

What did the vet give you for her sneezing??

If it were me, I'd be going for a 2nd opinion, but again, I'm paranoid. I hope Corona is feeling her normal self soon!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

corona2006 is offline Member

they told us that she wouldn't really eat. they gave her some of thier food that they give the dogs mixed in with hers. Although today i weighed her (wieghed myself, then with her) and she was 68 pounds. When she was at the vet Saturday they said 61. so I wonder if she would really sit still for them. She is eating normally now, hasn't got sick, she had no temp. at the vet.

I'm hoping that I am just being a mom and being very paranoid! I have read a few post here at this site and I'm hoping that it's just that she needs to get back in to her routine. thanks for all the help though!! Makes me feel a bit better!