Toby ate something....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toby ate something....

DefaultToby ate something....

Oh no I can't find two socks. I'm almost sure Toby ate them I looked all over the place...
    He looks fine and ate his dinner like every night. What should I do. Is there a chance he is throwing them up ???
    I'm so angry at my self. But it must have happened in a split second.
    Any advice is really appreciated!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Toby ate something....

Probably others can give you more experienced advice, but a few weeks ago when Bo swallowed a pork rib bone, we took him to the emergency vet (of course it was after hours at his vet) and they gave him a drug to vomit the bone up. I'm not sure if socks are as bad as a bone, but if you really think your dog ate them, you might call your vet (or the emergency vet) for advice.

We just went through a second incident at the emergency vet yesterday where we thought Bo was obstructed, but after 24 hours of IV and vet care, he apparently "just" had colitis and is better. We thought he might need surgery, though.

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

When Sammi was 6 months old she threw up a sock after 3days! I would watch him like a hawk!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for answering my post!
    Toby had a good night. This morning when we walked he threw up the first sock. Then he looked at me like "sorry mom".
    I gave him some kibble and water and now I'm waiting. I just hope the second one comes back as easy as the first sock.

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

Since he thru up the first sock the second one may still be in his stomach.

Call the vet now and ask about inducing vomiting to help get the second one up before it reaches the intestinal tract which could result in blackage and surgery.

Having been through something like this, I'm curious- How is Toby doing?? Did the second sock come up? Did you talk to your vet? Update, please.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

I sure hope Toby is doing ok with this. Callie used to eat everything, I swore that was what would do her in, in the end. After many emergency vet visits and lots of $$$, that's not what got her in the end, fortunately. So far, Riley is not showing signs of eating first, asking later. She's still young though......shhhhhh, let's not give her any ideas . Please let us know how Toby is doing.

Thank you all for your posts!

Toby is doing fine. We got lucky. Toby gave us the second sock on July 4 back. We where on a hike and around 7pm; he just stopped walking, threw the sock up, looked at me like "ok I'm done" and walked away. I'm so relieved that this is over. Until the next time (hope not). Toby is so fast with everything and he eats everything.
    The time he had the socks he never behaved any different. We would never had guessed if we didn't miss the socks.
    Toby is now 8 months old and I just hope with older age his taste ripens too. ;D The socks where my husbands used mountain bike socks and he forgot to put them in the hamper when he came home from a ride.

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

THat's good news, and I know you're relieved. Be good Toby!!

Glad he's O.K. Bo is back to normal after his latest "dietary indiscretion", also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast