Mulberry tree berries poisonous?

Thread: Mulberry tree berries poisonous?

DefaultMulberry tree berries poisonous?

Hi there. Does anybody know if Mulberry tree berries are poisonous? I have tried doing a search on the forums, but can't find the links. I have 2 Mulberry trees in my yard and I want to make sure they won't hurt Ranger if he decides to taste them. Thanks! Tina

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jlab Guest

DefaultRe: Mulberry tree berries poisonous?

Don't think so. Haven't seen it on any poison list for dogs. I have seen posts on other boards where dogs are allowed to eat the berries. One indicated that their dog would only eat them when the berries were ripe and the pup looked pretty funny with berry stains around his mouth. But I have no direct experience. Why don't you ask your vet next time you take your dog in for an exam?

Thanks for your reply. I will hopefully get a chance to do some research on it tomorrow. My dial up at home is too slow to do it tonight.

My pup is 7 months old and just got nuetered. Didn't see the vet when I took him in and picked him up. And when he called to tell me how the surgery went, I'm afraid the mulberries were far from my mind. He won't be going back to the vet for quite a while I hope. I know that so many people have the links to the web sites that tell what is poisonous so I was hoping I could get that link from somebody here. That way I'll know more than just that one type of tree. I'll just call my vet tomorrow.

Thanks, Tina

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We have one and the dogs eat the berries all the time. If they eat too many though, they do get diarhea.

Thanks CindersMyGirl!

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Mulberry tree berries aren't posionous.

Whenever they come in season, each morning on our one hour walk through the nearby nature preserve, Puff searches for and grazes on those that have fallen to the ground and I pull some off of the tree for me. We pass by maybe 20 trees, all with their offerings.

No bad results in 6 seasons. Poop gets a little purple.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748