labrador requirements for protein and fat in the diet

Thread: labrador requirements for protein and fat in the diet

lab13 is offline Senior Member

Defaultlabrador requirements for protein and fat in the diet

I can't find the info that I had before on what are the requirements that a labrador needs to maintain good health. I am thinking about Protein and fat levels in their diet. It seems that all the hypo allergenic diets are are 20% protein and 10% fat, is that too low for a lab??

I have talked to the breeder before and she recommends Protein around 25%, Fat 15% plus meat. But try to find a hypo allergenic food in that range, impossible.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: labrador requirements for protein and fat in the diet

define hypo-allergenic.

There are lots of different foods in that range...but it depends on what you are looking to avoid.

And the protein to fat content is not a standard across the board for Labs. It depends on the dog. Rider needs a higher protein food because of the way he burns energy. Rookie doesn't.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lab13

I have talked to the breeder before and she recommends Protein around 25%, Fat 15% plus meat. But try to find a hypo allergenic food in that range, impossible.

Thanks
    Not impossible.

Ocean Blue is Grain Free

A unique formula. This formula may also be used for the feeding of animals that require a moderate protein diet and may be used in the management of canine obesity. Ocean Blue Canid Formula™ is fully balanced and meets the requirements of all life stages It has high levels omega 3 essential fatty acids, from our wild salmon oil including EPA and DHA.

OCEAN BLUE™
    Complete food for dogs

Ingredients: White Fish Meal, Salmon, Potatoes, Salmon Oil, Dried Kelp, Dehydrated Alfalfa Leaf, Potassium Chloride, Carrot, Watercress, Spinach, Celery, Parsley, Fennel Seed, Blueberries, Cranberries, Pears, Figs, Thyme, Anise Seed, Ground Cinnamon Bark, Fenugreek, Garlic, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Apples, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Lecithin, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Lactis, Bacillus Bifidum, Bacillus Subtillus, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols (a source of vitamin E), Lysine, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine, Methionine, Carnitine, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Iodine Proteinate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine (a source of vitamin B6), Papain, Yucca Schidigera Extract.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
    Crude Protein min. 26%
    Crude Fat min. 16%
    Crude Fiber max. 3%
    Moisture max. 9%
    Ash max. 6%
    Calcium 1.75%
    Phosphorous 0.9%
    Copper 16 mg/kg
    Vitamin A 22,000 IU/kg
    Vitamin D 1,400 IU/kg
    Vitamin E 160 IU/kg
    *Taurine min. .17%
    *Omega-6 Fatty Acids 3.4%
    *Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1.3%

*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profile.

CALORIE CONTENT (Calculated)
    Kcal/kg 3,675

<br />Oregon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lab13 is offline Senior Member

Thanks I will check it out and see if I can find this food called Ocean Blue in my area.

imported_kiddsmom is offline Senior Member

It is made by TIMBERWOLF ORGANICS.
    <br />Oregon