Evo/Puppy Revisited....

Thread: Evo/Puppy Revisited....

DefaultEvo/Puppy Revisited....

I know the calcium problem with Evo and pups is well documented, but I was curious what the difference is from waiting from 12 months to 18 months like you people state? My pup is almost 12 months old and he's allergic to everything (literally). The one food he could eat was timberwolf Ocean Blue, which he liked up until recently and now won't eat it. The only other foods eat can eat are EVO RM 9which he loves!) and Solid Gold Barking at the moon. My question is is people think that feeding a puppy EVO at 12 months and not waiting 6 more months will do damage? I don't want to hurt him, but my options are limited. Is there any other food out there whic his meat/chicken base only, with no grains?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Evo/Puppy Revisited....

yep the only one he can eat due to allergies is Innova Red Meat....

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

How were his allergies diagnosed?

Found you previous posts.
    Just got the alllergy panel back and here's what Payton's (8 months) allergic to: Corn, wheat, duck, oat, milk, rice, pork, turkey, w. ragweed, plantain, cocklebur, lamb's quarter, pigweed, sagebrush, brome(type of grass), timothy (grass), house dust mites (D. pteronyssinus), mucor (mold), and mosquito.
    He could do NB fish and potato, Canine Caviar Venison and Pea, Solid Gold Barking at the Moon. EVO RM has cottage cheese in, which is a dairy product. What do you mean by stop eating Timberwolf? Completely refuses, even if he doesn't eat for a couple of days? It seems that he has been tried on so many foods, he might figure he can try the not eating trick and maybe you'll switch. See what happens if he doesn't eat for a couple of days, he won't keel over and die missing a few meals. He might decide to like the Ocean Blue after all.

Also, look at THE HONEST KITCHEN

everydog is offline Senior Member

12 months is fine for EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddsmom
    What do you mean by stop eating Timberwolf? Completely refuses, even if he doesn't eat for a couple of days? It seems that he has been tried on so many foods, he might figure he can try the not eating trick and maybe you'll switch. See what happens if he doesn't eat for a couple of days, he won't keel over and die missing a few meals. He might decide to like the Ocean Blue after all.
    I agree with this. If he's doing well on TO and has all these supposed allergies, I'd be very hesitant to start playing the food game. A healthy dog will eat when it's hungry.

I know cottage cheese is in it, but it's so far down the food chain on the ingredient list, I wasn't overly concerned. That to go with the fact that he is on allergy shots, basically giving him the things he is allergic to. Thanks for the other two foods you listed as I forgot about those two. Payton was on the Timberwolf for two months, but slowly started to leave more and more in his bowl until it was about a whole meal he would leave. Many dogs don't like fish, which he might not, so why not switch to something I know he's had before and he loves? With 20 something different allergies we tried it all unti lwe got the test back.

How much are you feeding? You might be overfeeding and he's just not as hungry.