Blinkee spayed today

Thread: Blinkee spayed today

DefaultBlinkee spayed today

Hi all.. Just got my 6 month old Lab spayed this morning.. She doesn't seem to be too bad.. She has been vomiting though.. Can't hold down food or water.. the tech at the vet said she vomited the food they gave her and told us not to feed her til much much later.. She went potty outside when we first brought her home.. but we live on the second floor and she has been reluctant to go outside since.. its been about 9 hours.. but the only water she drank she vomited up so I guess she has nothing in her to potty out.. She just drank a bit of water 30 mins ago and has been OK so far... Is it normal for her not to urinate?? We put down potty pads in the house, but she hasn't used them either...

I just feel bad for her.. she seems to be laying down VERY gingerly and look like her back end is very tight on both sides.. I'm just wondering if all of this is normal i guess.. I'm a bit of a worrier and I don't wanna do the wrong thing..

Any suggestions??

Thanks =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Blinkee spayed today

I would definitely worry about her getting dehydrated if she's vomiting and not able to keep water down. Did the vet think that she is having a reaction to the anesthetics? If she continues to vomit, I would be tempted to get her in to get some fluids (IV or subcutaneous- under the skin).

She should be able to urinate...is she on any pain medications? I really think you need to call up your vet or local emergency clinic and ask them. Most of the time, even if you have to contact the local emergency clinic, they'll know the doctors in the area and can answer your questions better than those of us on a web forum.

Poor Blinkee. I hope she's feeling better soon.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon