Just Labradors banner

Limping 7 Month Old

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LaurenH 
#1 ·
Hello-- We have a 7 month old yellow lab. Lately when she gets up after lying down for a bit, she limps around. At first I thought maybe her leg had just fallen asleep or something, because she eventually walks it off and seems to be fine-- but it just seems to happen every time she gets up now. Could this be a sign of hip dysplasia? Or is it just some sort of growing pains for puppies? Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks for your help!

#2 ·
My guess would be a torn (either partial or full) crucite ligament (basically the dog's ACL) in one or both knees. You should take her to the vet (an ortho vet is preferable) to have them check it out. It could also be HD, which they should be able to tell you at the vet.

#5 ·
I hope it's not an ACL tear! It is the back legs that she seems to have the stiffness in when she gets up, and as I mentioned, it's not all the time that she limps, just when she first gets up after lying down for awhile. I do have a vet appointment set up for her next week. Thanks for the feedback!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.