health care info

Thread: health care info

TheLimpShrimp is offline Senior Member

Defaulthealth care info

I've been on the boards for here for a a month or so. The number of incidences posted of allergies, ear problems, digestive troubles, tumors, to name a few has me going "My gosh, when did our problems become our dogs' problems?

I've found that many of you, like me, are interested in homeopathic alternatives and natural care as much as possible. You're an open-minded lot, try to keep abreast of the latest developments in pet care, and and will go the extra mile when it comes to getting the best for our pets.

Which is why I believe you'll find the information I want to share worth looking into.

Some of you may have heard of glyconutrients, or Mannatech. Most of you probably haven't. You will. The discovery of glyconutrients is relatively new, only in the last decade has the public become increasingly aware of the existence of the breakthrough in healthcare.

The breakthrough is in the form of a carbohydrate aka sugar known as the "glyconutrient" - (glyco being the the Greek word for "sweet") However, I speak from experience when I say these sugars are not sweet. They are derived solely from plants, and perform the important function of cell-cell communication in the body. Just as vitamins and minerals are essential to support good health, these glyconutrients support the immune system, thereby providing the body with the ability to heal itself. The health problems we are seeing today are a result of only 2 of these 8 sugars being commonly found in our modern diets. Kibble vs Raw-fed anyone? Except "Raw-fed" is no longer enough! Our planet is more toxic than ever before!- our diets are more nutritionally depleted than ever! and we wonder why cancer and heart disease rates(to name just a few) are increasing, along with the health problems in our pet population! (Sorry if I got a bit carried away, I am very passionate about this. For the full story on why our diets can no longer provide all the nutrition our bodies require, I'd recommend "How to Survive On a Toxic Planet, by Dr. Steve Nugent)

Back on topic, this is only the briefest description of these amazing natural sugars. There is an enormous amount of scientific research behind this; check out http://glycoscience.com/glycoscience/home.wm and http://www.glycostory.com/

Fallriver... I'd be glad to hear any imput. Everyone else's as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: health care info

20/20 just had a segment on about Mannatech last Friday. On the flip side of that I have been giving my dogs a small about of Ambotose every day for about 3 years or so. There is also another product called Transfer Factor that is mentioned on Shirley's Wellness Cafe, don't know much about that one...
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

TheLimpShrimp is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: health care info

Yeah, the big drug companies are getting worried about their pockets. And they should be! Who wants to take toxic drugs when you could simply supplement naturally!

Do you take the Mannatech products as well as your dogs? How's that worked for your dogs and/or you?

Transfer factor... I've never heard of it. Is there a link?