Weird Poop

Thread: Weird Poop

SilentStar is offline Junior Member

DefaultWeird Poop

Ok, so this is one of those ew topics, but I need to know. Last night my 8 week old lab puppy got up after sleeping a long time and pooped in the floor (he's not fully potty trained yet) and the poop had these white things in it, sticking out everywhere. But this afternoon when he pooped he didn't have that, it was just normal poop. What does this mean?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

stlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Weird Poop

Probably either ate something weird or worms (maybe tapeworms). My guess is worms and I'd get him a fecal test.

SilentStar is offline Junior Member

Ok thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

If you took your pup to the vet recently, it's very possible that they gave him a dewormer, and what you are seeing are the dead worms passing.

I think a call to the vet would be the first thing, then they can tell you if the pup needs to come in.

Dani is offline Senior Member

I agree with the above advice...probably worms...and we never blink an eye about poop conversations around here.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    I agree with the above advice...probably worms...and we never blink an eye about poop conversations around here.
    Yea, no kidding.... even at dinner, dog folks are known to talk poop, dog sex, or whatever. ;D I had a friend walk up in the middle of a dog sex conversation w/ a vet at our show the other day and she just rolled her eyes and said Go figure!.....
    My fave thing is to bring a baggie of really icky gooey puppy poo to the clinic when I'm nervous about my pups... so far it's all been overeating most likely as nothing is ever there!

-Anne (my vote is to have him checked for worms too and good luck!)

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

varybarry is offline Senior Member

Yeah poop doesn't bother me either. I take my dogs' poop to the vet all the time. I usually put it in a baggie then put it in a cooler so it doesn't stick up my car. My vet and I joke about me bringing in poop like it's a daily thing.
    Save some money<br /> magazine subscriptions <br /><br /> fat wallet

robeec is offline Member

my vet gets the poop himself. i guess that's the only way he can justify his prices. really folks but does this vet bill seem excessive to anyone but me?
    exam: 58.
    1year lyme: 33.
    2yrs rabies: 30.
    cbc chemistry profile: 127. (she came out [inaccessible--i'm in a wheelchair] to explain the cbc--she checked his thyroidria. thyroid turned out fine. he's fat 'cause i feed him too much)
    distemper virus titer: 45.50
    parvo titer: 45.50
    fecal analyses: 28.75
    t4 : 62.
    total: 429.75
    jesus!

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

robeec -- vet prices differ some from vet to vet within any one community but differ a great deal from community to community. For instance, they're frequently lower in small towns or rural areas even just 5 miles outside a city. Vets that treat a variety of animals (farm as well as pets) are usually lower than those who treat pets only -- because treating pets is usually where the big money is.

Also, if you live near a Coll/SchlVetMet Tchng Hospl, their prices are often significantly lower plus the expertise and diagnostic tests available are significantly better than at the run of the mill pet vet.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

varybarry is offline Senior Member

Yeah I have found the same variances in prices through my own experiences. When I lived in a small town the prices were the lowest I've seen, but when I moved near a college the prices and the medical equipment increased significantly.
    Save some money<br /> magazine subscriptions <br /><br /> fat wallet