Gunky Eyes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunky Eyes

Fletchs Pop is offline Senior Member

DefaultGunky Eyes

About two days Fletch started getting Gunk in his eyes. He doesn't seemed to be bothered by it but it's pronounced. Last night he was snoring pretty bad which is unusual. He sounded congested. I thought he may have picked up pink eye from swimming or something but now i think it's a cold.

He isn't acting sick and has his normal energy, appetite is normal. Do you think a Vet visit is in order or monitor?
    I work on the theory that if you can train a killer whale to launch itself out of a swimming pool, roll on its side and urinate into a small plastic cup, given only a whistle and a bucket of fish, without a choke chain, then you don’t need those confrontational techniques with dogs. -Dr. Dodman

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Gunky Eyes

I would just watch it. It's probably just from the high pollen counts around now.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

TimC. is offline Senior Member

How old is he?
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sadies Paw is offline Member

Sadie who is now 14 months is just getting over her second round of extremely gunky eyes...or doggie pink eye I suppose. The last time was around 7 months I think. She would gunk up in the corners of her eyes pretty significantly while awake.....but after a fer hours of being in her crate, there were times there would be a darn right pool of pussy gunk drool build up...yuck! Unless the eye area itself looks highly ineffected/really red or she is squinting, a vet visit will do nothing but cost you money.
    Best thing to do is keep the area clean - Wipe away the gunk with a warm waterd cloth or with a artifical tear soution. Sadie is just getting over it and it has been atleast two weeks.

2labcrew is offline Senior Member

My boys have allergies, and one them gets gunky eyes, more like eye boogers, than gunky, really. But with the snoring too, your pup may have allergies. The grass and pollen allergies have been up in our area lately (NE)
    Miriam , Digger, and Kodi

gerst001 is offline Senior Member

persistant gunk is usually conjunctivitis / infection and is easily cured with drops from the vet.

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

Saska seems to have gunky eyes at times and I was wondering if it was to do with the pollen count, it seems to be worse on sunny or hot days. Hope you get to the bottom of fletchs problem :

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

When Jacob got really gunky eyes, it turns out his tear ducts where clogged.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

Never thought about tear ducts being blocked, I think a visit to the vet may be in order for saska.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

All my dogs just went through this recently. I tend to see it in my boy in the spring. Oddly he does not suffer allergies and my sensative dog never gets them.
    But this spring ALL my dogs had HORRID runny, gunky eyes. I just kept them clean and watch it. By the end of two weeks they all had their bout of it and was gone.

I would just watch and see if it gets worse.
    Kim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast