Does anyone feed Back to Basics?... (nevermind)

Thread: Does anyone feed Back to Basics?... (nevermind)

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoes anyone feed Back to Basics?... (nevermind)

Scrap that. Turns out the pet supply place I get my food isn't going to carry it after all.

************************************************** **************************************

Let me start by saying I love the results I get with Pro Plan, but Caleb seems to have decided he doesn't like it anymore. Given the food recalls, I'm really leary of changing foods (Not only has Pro Plan not been recalled, it doesn't have any of the recalled ingredients in it). I have a sample bag of Back to Basics, and know the local pet supply place carries it. Just wondering how other dogs have liked it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does anyone feed Back to Basics?... (nevermind)

Can you try one of the ProPlan Selects? When Seamus wouldn't eat I switched him from chicken to beef PP and he started to eat again. Now he's back on the chicken but the beef sure helped switch things up a bit.

Laura

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does anyone feed Back to Basics?... (nevermind)

Oo, thanks, Laura. I had forgotten about the PP Selects (the guy in Califon doesn't carry it). I'll have to take a run out to PetCo and get a small bag. I've already gone from the salmon to the beef and now chicken. Luckily, I got smart with the beef and chicken and only bought an 8# bag. The first couple of days, Caleb eats fine. After that he kind of looks at me like, "Gee, Mom, isn't there something better?". Missing a meal doesn't change anything, either. Somehow I forsee me having 2 or 3 different varities of food and feeding a different one each day. And to think, it wasn't that long ago that I was trying to slow Caleb down when he ate!