Innova Evo and limping update for Sammie :0)

Thread: Innova Evo and limping update for Sammie :0)

DefaultInnova Evo and limping update for Sammie :0)

Hi!

I started feeding Sammie Innova Evo over a month ago. When I had him at the vet's last Saturday he was down to 117 from 121. Sammie is a very tall lab (I get biggest lab I've ever seen all the time...or is he part great dane). I want to get him down to 110....on the thin side. I'm very pleased..I wasn't sure how well he would lose weight on Evo. He is doing very well on the food and I'm going to stick with it. I don't know if I like the color of the new bag though. :0)

Also, Sammie's bruised shoulder is almost completely well! We are on the home stretch with only an occasional slight limp. I'm going to keep him on nice long walks and swimming for exercise and avoid extreme soccer ball play until later this summer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Snowco Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Innova Evo and limping update for Sammie :0)

I have recently switched to a grain free food as well due to the recall. Nature's Variety Instinct.

I'm glad to hear from someone else whose dogs do well on grain free such as Evo.

The lack of carbs is probably what is helping Sammie lose the weight. Is his coat improved on the Evo? Do you see a difference in his energy level and have you found that you can or need to feed less than his old food?

Trying to get info as grain free is new to me as well.

TIA

Dani is offline Senior Member

Patty, EVO still has carbs...just not as much. I love EVO.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hi Patty and Dani.

Sam already had a beautiful coat on the food I've had him on since he was 6 months old--Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Lamb and Rice. I think its a good food.

I reduced Sam's food to 2 cups a day...he also gets chicken or turkey breast meat w/ his breakfast and green beans with his dinner.

I liked everything I've read about Evo. I feel very good about feeding it to Sam. I was also pleased to hear that Natura is testing all of their foods on a regular basis now. I buy their dog biscuits too.