Orijen's 6 Fish....

Thread: Orijen's 6 Fish....

DefaultOrijen's 6 Fish....

Has anyone tried Orijens new product, or what's your opinions on it? It looks like a good food for my allergy boy! Remeber, Payton is 10 months old and the protein is 44%, fat 22% and calcium 1.4%. It looks safer than EVO. He is on Timberwolf Organics Ocean Blue and he loves it, but poops 5 or more times per day. His weight has remained unchanged and we are only feeding him 4 cups/day. Thoughts?? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Orijen's 6 Fish....

I feed orijen, have for about 2 months now. I started on the LB formula and then switched to the adult. My dog is now 14.5 months now. I think the food is fantastic and he is doing awesome on it.

What is your dog allergic to, and are you sure what it is? I thought my dog may be allergic to chicken, but he is not. Once I switched to the LB formula, everything got better and has remained so on the adult. It does not have grains.

Anyhow, I think the 6 Fish, sounds great. I personally would wait another 3-4 months to feed it though.

FYI, my dog has only put on about 6 pounds since he was 10 months old - he weighs about 63 right now. Probably end up around 65.

Email me if you have any questions. Also, going 5 times a day, is way too much. Dogs should be going 2-3 times/day. Timberwolf is good food...but maybe not for your pup.

Thanks for the reply! PAyton has gotten tested for allergies and is allergic to: duck, turkey, rice, corn, wheat, mold, dust mites, three types of grasses, ragweed, mosquitos, and milk. It has been very hard finding a good food and the only ones I have found to be of quality and substance are evo and the like. I saw Orijen's new formula and thought it might be alright due to the low calcium content. So you think the pro/fat levels are too high? Thanks again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

No, I don't think the protein and fat is too high. you are right, its about the calcium - not that protein or fat. The calcium is borderline high, but still ok for a pup. I would call the company and have questions ready for them.

Also, I heard they are comming out with a lamb based formula - you can ask about that.

the only ingredient of the ones you listed in the large breed and adult formula is turkey meal and its not a number 1 or 2 ingredient.