reaction to frontline plus

Thread: reaction to frontline plus

Defaultreaction to frontline plus

I noticed that my little terrier gets red skin at the application site and then itches other areas until they are red and sore. Anyone else have experience like this. Barnsley also started itching under his front leg and it looks reddened but he doesn't have redness at the application site so I am thinking it was a coincidence. Lilly has sensitive skin and I am wondering if the frontline hasn't been a culprit in the past. I recently clipped her so it was more evident. Before I may have been missing this but she did seem to be scratching more around the time of application. ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

DefaultRe: reaction to frontline plus

I only gave my 2 this only about 1/2 hr ago. I have a Pug as well as my Lab & it's very easy to confuse the large & the medium because they're exactly the same when they're out of the packet. The only way to tell is to read the fine print. The medium dose is 1.34ml & the large is 2.68ml.

My point is: Is it possible you gave your terrier the Lab dose?. I nearly did. :-[

[attachment deleted by admin]

My dose vials are noticeably different in size to my eyes, also I am a triple checker of things so I always be careful to check. It was a good thing to consider though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4me is offline Senior Member

I have heard of dogs having reactions to the Plus. Next time try the regular Frontline.
    Bonnie ~ Ellsworth Labradors
    Home to Ellsworth's Playing For Keeps CGC, U-CH SHR Ellsorth's Absolut Pleasure, Ellsworth's Good Luck Charm
    Gone but not forgotten: Franklin's Lucy of Ellsworth; Franklin's Rare Treat; U-CD Franklin's Rockin' Robin CDX, WC, CGC; Alpha-Omega's Mustang Salli CDX, CGC

YellowJakesMom is offline Senior Member

Jake used frontline plus with no problem up until he was a year old. I put it on like usual last July and within two days he had a huge bloody sore where I applied the stuff and hot spots all over his body. He got a raging ear infection and his skin was red/inflammed all over. It took about three months for his skin to look completely back to normal (hair regrown, etc.) and then I tried again. That night I noticed some pustules at the application site - I nearly shampooed his skin off his body, poor dog, and haven't used the stuff since.

No fleas here and I check for ticks daily. If you contact Merial they should refund your money for the product (and it helps other dog owners as well, since Merial is keen on believing frontline has extremely few adverse reactions).

Only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. - Cree prophecy

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by yellojakesmom
    If you contact Merial they should refund your money for the product (and it helps other dog owners as well, since Merial is keen on believing frontline has extremely few adverse reactions).
    I was going to suggest you let the manufacturer know too. I would also use a different product from now on with a different active ingredient.

Won't someone please feed me!

Does anyone have a recommendation of another effective treatment that may not cause a reaction?