Cinder has a cut - advice needed

Thread: Cinder has a cut - advice needed

DefaultCinder has a cut - advice needed

Late last night we noticed Cinder has several scratches/cuts on her nose. I don't know if she got them from playing with the pugs or from when she dove into a bush (dragging me with her!) after a rabbit on our walk. I think she took one look at me, could see that I was totally daydreaming, and seized the moment! Usually she gets really excited and stands at attention, but not this time. So one of them is deeper than the rest. It is still open today and the vet isn't open yet. Is it all right to put neosporin on her nose? It is within licking distance as it is right on the edge of her nostril. Since the weekend is starting, should I take her in today, or treat it over the weekend and take her in on Monday if it isn't better? Thanks for any advice for my girl.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Cinder has a cut - advice needed

Clean it out with betadine or something else for bacteria. Then try the neosporin but don't be surprised if it gets licked off. Keep it clean and I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it starts oozing or shows other signs of infection.

Laura

DefaultRe: Cinder has a cut - advice needed

Thanks.