Sores under her ears???

Thread: Sores under her ears???

DefaultSores under her ears???

This is crossposted in Lab chat but I wanted to see if anyone here knew.

With the constant bitey face going on in our house from the new playmate Mocha's ears have been soaked since Saturday. I noticed last night that the underside of her ears were not drying inbetween rounds of bitey face and pulled a small clump of hair out. This morning I noticed more hair and took a closer look. This is what I found:

she has a nickle size bald spot under the one ear and it's pretty red and a bit ozzy, the other ear is not quite as bad but still has some hair loss. I took a paper towel and tried to dry them as good as I could and tried to get any other loose hair out. Then I took some of the zymox ear cleaner I had and dabed it on there with a cotton ball to clean it a bit then dried them again. I can't tell if it's yeasty or just from the constant wetness but it's obviously irritated. She isn't messing with it really I haven't seen her scratch it or anything but Zeus just will not leave her ears alone he's constantly messing with them. How do I get him to stop so it will dry.

I called the vet and made an appointment for her on Thursday morning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Sores under her ears???

Zeus might be smelling something in her ears. She might have an ear infection that you don't know about or one that is brewing. My other dog used to like to lick the neighhbor's dog a lot. They found out she had an ear infection.

DefaultRe: Sores under her ears???

Interesting....it's been several weeks since her ears have been cleaned but they look good inside so I don't normally clean them unless they start to get build up in them or I notice her shaking her head which she hasn't been doing either.