peeing in crate

Thread: peeing in crate

Defaultpeeing in crate

rocky never peed in his crate since he was a puppy.last week he peed once and this week he did it again..he drinks so much water and eats less ..what can cause this?can this be caused by contaminated dog food?what are the signs that he ingested a contaminated dog food?thanks .

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: peeing in crate

My dog apollo would pee in his crate and then lay in it. He did it cuz he was abused. Your pup probably has never been abused but there are a variety of reasons why he/she could be doing this. I know it can be very frustrating. What helped with apollo's peeing was that we got him a bigger crate so that if he peed, he wouldn't have to lay in it. Eventually he stopped peeing. NOW if you are in the housebreaking stage, its not a good idea to give the dog extra space to lay incase they pee, that defeats the purpose, BUT if your dog is already housebroken (like apollo was) then perhaps the idea of a larger crate could help. Also putting nice comfy bedding in the crate (washable of course) is another way to stop the in crate peeing. Extra potty breaks wouldn't hurt either
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />

he did it again this morning..this is all unusual.rocky would only go when i take him outside.last night after we walked he had water but i took him out 1 hour after and another after 2hours before bed..could this be UTI?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

It is possible it is a UTI.
    Take a a fresh sample of urine to the vet to be tested.

It might be a UTI. After he does it are you cleaning it up with a neutralizer such as Nature's Miracle? If not he can still smell it.
    Olie

Apollopuppy is offline Senior Member

I agree. Check for UTI. When I first got apollo and he peed in his crate we tested for a UTI and he didn't have one, he peed in his crate for another reason. But yeah, definitly check for a UTI cuz if it is a UTI its an easy fix.
    Love,<br />Giuli<br /><br />