keeping Bo quiet after neutering?!!? Yeah, right

Thread: keeping Bo quiet after neutering?!!? Yeah, right

Defaultkeeping Bo quiet after neutering?!!? Yeah, right

I guess Bo didn't read the memo that said he was supposed to limit his activities while his goodies heal. He was neutered on Monday and came home (relatively) sedated and with the Cone of Obedience on his head. I managed to keep him fairly calm (with drugs) for the first couple days, but now it's even hard to tell I'm giving him sedatives. He does NOT want to be peaceful. His boo-boo looks pretty good to me, but I guess I've got at least one more day of the cone. He keeps trying to jump up into my lap while I'm working.

Sigh. Well, I'm happy he isn't having any problems with it, anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: keeping Bo quiet after neutering?!!? Yeah, right

I actually laughed at the vet when she told me to keep Piper calm and not doing too much activity after her spay. She then amended it to "well, just don't encourage any vigorous exercise". I stopped playing fetch for a couple of days, but then we were back to the normal routine with no problems at all.

Piper only rarely tried to lick her stitches and was always happy to be distracted by something more fun.

It's SO hard to keep them "quiet" after a spay or neuter. Our first lab, Max, was neutered when he was 7 months. It only slowed him down for a few days. We started out with the cone, then because he kept pulling at his stitches...... he got to wear a bucket. Yes, bucket... blue, plastic.. cut the bottom out and tied it on. (and yes, we took LOTS of pictures ;D) The vet told us that was pretty much our option since he had a large cone on and it wasn't doing the job. Madison was spayed almost 2 weeks ago. She was pretty quiet for the first 3 days and on the 4th, she was ripping around the house like she always does. We've only had to get after maybe 2 or 3 times for pulling at her stitches. They still look good, they'll come out Tuesday. Not really looking forward to that, she's not really willing to let us check them out. Plus one seems to be tighter than the other 3. ???

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Frankie's got an appointment on the 31st. I plan on keeping him in his crate with marrow bones if he starts to act up.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"