Just Labradors banner

Liver Enzymes

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rottnlabs 
#1 ·
Been a long time, but now are back to problems with Riley (4 yr old yellow Female)
Of course along with the usual Valley Fever, and hypothyroidism, recent blood work reveals her liver is WAY out of whack according to Vet. (he didn't give me any specifics on how out of whack, but said its surprising she's even standing!) Her appetite is usual Labrador, but has been a little tired lately. Vets concern was Fluconozole for VF was causing, but doubtful. I am concerned about food, Vet said take her off, due to recalls. Her food is not on the recall. (Nutro-Max Wheight Control)
What do we do now?!?!?!
Doc has taken all meds away for a week to see if that will help. Any advice would help!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

#2 ·
Oh boy.... that is SO out of my league. :(

I trust my own vet very deeply, so I would go with whatever she told me to do... but that's me.... :-\

Good thoughts for Riley though, I hope you can find some answers!!

#4 ·
Have you checked for Lymes???

#5 ·
kiddsmom said:
Yes and if she's on Fluconozole she should be on milk thistle. VF will make the dog feel like crap and so will the drugs used to treat it. Fluconozole also affects the liver so the liver enzymes need to be regularly monitored. What are her titers? Are you guys still in AZ? Any AZ vet worth their weight knows how to treat/manage VF. You might also want to contact the drs at http://www.vfce.arizona.edu/ and get their opinion. They helped my friend tremendously. Found out her dog never should have been on fluconozole because the titers were too low. Too late...liver damage is done. :'(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.