Still Worried

Thread: Still Worried

RebaHalle is offline Senior Member

DefaultStill Worried

I fed (until the recall) NB Venison and Rice and since Reba has not been acting normally, I took her in for a blood test.

The following from my post in lab chat:

It looks like we lucked out on the dog food; probably purchased before the rice protein change.

Reba's blood work was perfect according to the message left by her vet. Halle's blood work was perfect except for an electrolyte value that was 240 instead of in the 10 to 200 range. He said not to worry, but I will call him tomorrow to see what he thinks could have caused that.

My real question is "Why does Reba act like she hurts?" The past 2 days I have been cooking rice and chicken or rice and hamburger for the dogs. Reba's poop today looks black? Would that be because of the fresh, but cooked, hamburger?

Now I have to figure out what to feed. The dogs have done really well on the NB Venison and Rice.

end of from lab chat

Thursday morning update. I have finally seen Halle's poop and it is not black. Both dogs have been eating the same thing. Reba still does not want to jump up on anything. I am trying to figure out if it is some pain internally or if her back legs or back are bothering her.

Thanks
    Judy, mom to Reba, the Lab, and Jalapeno (Halle), the JRT

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Still Worried

well at least her poop looks normal now. I don't know much about the recall with NB other than a post I read that NB is pulling all dates of Vension and Rice of the shelves and recommending not to continue the feed. Did your vet give her a complete physical or just test the blood for fear of the affected food? hard to say why she could be acting that way. I hope all is well for her and keep us posted