Copper's Home!

Thread: Copper's Home!

DefaultCopper's Home!

Thank you all for your good wishes, Copper came home yesterday is very sore and taking it slow. Still waiting on the results of biopsy's (sooo nervous). He had a tear in his Bicep as well as Elbow surgery, he had trouble getting comfortable last night. Anyone have any advice on best way to keep him restricted he keeps trying to run sometimes and jump. Did everyone who went through this surgery leave their babies in the crate most of the time? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lab13 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Copper's Home!

When one of my labs had surgery similar we either kept him in his kennel or put a gate up across the laundry room door for him to have some space but not too much.

Great news that Copper is home, good luck with the next few days.

Jasmine Dream is offline Senior Member

i kept jazz on a leash for a good few days when she came home from her ED surgery, especially in the back yard so she would not break out into butt-tucks.. although, she did bust one in the house and my heart dropped.. that crazy girl... but.. for her it was either the kennel or the leash...

Twinpond's Jasmine "Jazz" Dream
    Born 12.31.04

Visit Jazz's Web Site

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I'm so gald Copper is home. Praying for his fast recovery and good results on the biopsy.

I "moved" all my stuff to the first floor (we live in a two-story house) for the first week after surgery so Scotty would not be tempted to go up and down the stairs. I slept on the couch next to him for that first week. Our ortho vet told me not to put him in a crate and let him walk around the house if he wanted to, just no jumping up and down on furniture. He felt that it was important to preserve whatever muscle mass Scotty had and start building more. I mean, we were not exercising him by any means, but used short leash for potty breaks (and no other walking outside) for 1 month and then gave him more freedom. We also started physical therapy as soon as his incisions healed, probably a 1-1.5 months after the surgery.

If you would like to call me, just PM me and I will PM you my cell phone number. I talked to Jasmine Dream's dad on the phone before Scotty's surgery, and it helped me a lot to prepare myself emotionally for the ride.

Scotty also almost gave me a heart attack a week after the surgery by jumping up on a dresser in our bedroom (never done it before or since then).

Here are some pics. Scotty the day of his surgery:

A week later jumping like a mountain goat:

DefaultRe: Copper's Home! UPDATED

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes, GREAT NEWS! Copper's test results came back and both masses were lipoma's and the tendon showed inflammation only! i am so happy!.... He is doing well we put a mattress on the floor so he can sleep with us and only out for potty breaks... i am crating for a few hours and letting him walk around the house for the rest of the day he is being careful which i am happy about. Thanks Again!

pj

oh so glad to hear copper's home and that the lumps were just lipomas.
    best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!