Tinned food and Vegetables

Thread: Tinned food and Vegetables

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

DefaultTinned food and Vegetables

I feed Saska tinned food and mixer biscuits that are specially made for this in the UK, but I would like to change from the Mixer Biscuits (as I do not think that the biscuits are good for her.) I want to start giving her Vegetables can anybody recommend Vegetables that would be best to give her. Any advice would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tinned food and Vegetables

You want to ditch the mixer and feed vegetables instead? or did I read that wrong?

I think if you are going to drop the mixer you should try a dry food in conjunction with the tinned.

As for what vegetables to feed, almost everything is suitable. We get an organic veggie box delievered to our door. I blend up the leftovers and feed it to the dogs in a 'mush' with their meals. Or sometimes I just feed whole veggies if I have anything going spare. Blending it makes it more digestable.

Hi Trickster, yes I want to drop the mixer biscuits, is it ok to mix dry food with Tinned I was always told you had to give one or the other, how much would you recommend of the dry food she has half a can of tinned food. She weighs 29.35 kilos I am trying to get her down to about 25kilos and go from there.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

What brand is the new dried food? the amount to feed differs from brand to brand. I think if you are feeding half a can of tinned at each meal you won't need much of the dry -- maybe 75 grams at each feeding. And yes you can mix the two together.

I was thinking of using James Wellbeloved Turkey and Rice?

Sounds great to me! I would try the tinned plus 75 grams of JWB at each meal and she how she does.

I use the lamb variety with my crew. They seemed to do better on the lamb then with the turkey.

I think I will try Lamb first if I remember I tried Turkey and she had the trots. Thanks for your advice.