Canidae...who feeds it- good and bad experiences?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canidae...who feeds it- good and bad experiences?

DefaultCanidae...who feeds it- good and bad experiences?

I'm still trying to decide on a good food for Sammie. I would love input on this product. I'm feeding Innova Evo and I think it may be too rich for my dog.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Canidae...who feeds it- good and bad experiences?

I've had good luck with the Canidae Chicken and Rice formula. But my dogs did not do well on the All Life Stages formula.

I fed one of mine the chicken and rice for a little while and honestly did not see any change in him, so we went back to the Kirkland. Nothing good; nothing bad.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I've just started on this food and am curious as well. So far, 3 days into the transition, I haven't seen anything bad, but I haven't honestly noticed much change. I suppose it's much too early to tell. I look forward to hearing more peoples' experiences too!

If you like the Innova, you might try the Innova LB. It's basically like the Canidae All Life Stages but it does have barley in it (I think). I was trying to steer clear of barley when I chose the Canidae.

I was chatting away with my sister on the phone about kibble (she has goldens) and after listening a while, she said, "Isn't it great that the biggest problem in your life right now is choosing the right kibble?" Ouch....maybe since my 1 human son is grown and in the airforce, I am becoming a bit anal about Sammie...I want to do everything right...I think I'm not alone on this website. :0)

When Zoe was a puppy...I spent hours on the net...hours in pet food shops...hours talking to people who had lots of lab experience. I drove myself nuts. We are on a middle grade food; that's what ended up working for her, but yeh, I was obsessed with researching it.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta was on Canidae Chicken and Rice and her stool was soft/runny so I had to switch her.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

When Zoe was a puppy...I spent hours on the net...hours in pet food shops...hours talking to people who had lots of lab experience. I drove myself nuts. We are on a middle grade food; that's what ended up working for her, but yeh, I was obsessed with researching it.
    :-\ I'm a little embarrassed to say that sounds JUST like me. I've learned so much here, but I would definitely still call myself obsessed. I think one of the biggest lessons I've learned is that there is no BEST food. Just like people, dogs have different needs and thrive on many different foods.

widespot is offline Member

I feed Max this and I've been pleased. His coat is very thick and soft, good stools, good energy (I have found nothing to completely get rid of the dandruff when it's cold and dry). He seems to like it more than other things I have fed him. He also did well on Solid Gold but didn't seem to like it.

There are so many good food options out there. I got a lot of grief from my wife about researching dog foods endlessly rather than just feeding dog chow, but in leau of recent events I am glad I learned some things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast